You are welcome to contact us at any time to access and update your personal information or to ‘opt out’ of receiving further communications from us. Write to us at PO BOX 24180, Royal Oak, Auckland 1345, email us at email@example.com or on 09 624 1246
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner ( http://www.privacy.org.nz/) provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
The information we collect
Stardome Observatory and Planetarium operates the website http://www.stardome.org.nz/ As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our sites:
1. Personally Identifiable Information. This is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters. Providing this information will always be optional for you.
2. Aggregated Data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Who we share this information with
1. The information may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any unauthorised use.
2. The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers, sponsors or business partners of Stardome.
3. Only if your prior permission has been obtained (which we would usually do at the time of collection), we may share the information with specified third parties.
What else we do with personally identifiable information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
1. For any marketing, promotional, publicity, marketing or market research that we might undertake.
2. For any other purposes for which you have given permission.-
What about cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (eg Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (eg Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and what domain you are accessing our sites from. With this information we can do the following:
1. Track traffic patterns to our site.
2. Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
3. Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit.
What about other business your site links to?
Opting in and opting out
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about receiving information from us.
Can we change this policy?
Your right to access our information
The Privacy Act of 1993 gives you the right to access and correct your personal information. To find out more about how to do this, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or on 09 624 1246. Alternatively, post your corrections to the attention of the Marketing Manager Stardome Observatory & Planetarium PO Box 24 180, Royal Oak, Auckland 1345