Stardome Observatory & Planetarium is an essential educational facility for Auckland and the wider New Zealand Community. We are a registered charitable trust governed by The Auckland Observatory and Planetarium Trust Board. Our mission is to share knowledge of space in ways that inspire, challenge and educate. We can't do it alone though and the help of generous donations from individuals and organisations are necessary to keep us doing what we do best.
If you would like to make a donation or bequest to Stardome please fill out this form
here and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or post to PO Box 24180, Royal Oak, Auckland 1345. We’d love to hear the details about your donation, how the funds were raised, who was involved, etc. Please email this information to our Marketing Team - email@example.com
Stardome is unique, being the only facility in the upper North Island with a publicly accessible astronomical observatory co-located with a planetarium, enabling our visitors to learn about Space and the Universe in the 360 degree planetarium theatre and during the evening observe stars and constellations through a range of telescopes.
Well over half of our visitors are children, many of whom come to us as part of the Stardome education programme. We work with teachers to provide educational content relevant to the curriculum at all levels and make science and astronomy exciting and interactive.
If you prefer, our popular Adopt a Star programme is another way that we raise valuable funds for the Stardome. For a $60 donation, you will receive an adoption certificate for a unique star and a ticket to one of our shows. These make a great birthday, Christmas or anniversary present for someone special, whilst supporting the Stardome to continue our valuable work. See http://www.stardome.org.nz/stardome-shop/adopt-a-star/
We thank you for your generous support
You can support Stardome and become one of our recognised sponsors through a variety of opportunities. Here are just some of the many ways you can be involved:
- Sponsor an evening or weekend daytime show and have sponsorship naming rights to that show.
- Sponsor one our Special Tuesday night shows and have sponsorship naming rights to that show plus the chance to display your products and services to the audience of that show.
- Sponsor the purchase of new telescopes for our courtyard telescope viewing and have your organisation recognised on our promotional collateral and on our website.
- Sponsor the purchase of educational equipment for the Stardome’s educational or school holiday programmes and we will incorporate your organisation's sponsorship details in our promotional collateral and on our website.
- Sponsor our Annual New Zealand Astronomical Yearbook and get a free advertisement in this publication.
- Sponsor our widely distributed marketing and promotional collateral and we will include your company details in our collateral.
Depending on the size and scope of your contribution, we may be able to provide your organisation with the opportunity to visit the Stardome and watch a planetarium show as a thank you for this support. You could use this as a special gift for your customers or to reward your staff.
To talk to us about becoming a Stardome sponsor and partnering with us to deliver educational and entertaining shows to the public, please contact our Marketing Team - firstname.lastname@example.org
We would love to hear from you!