Explore, imagine and discover the beauty of space all year round with this annual membership to the Stardome Observatory & Planetarium.
Adult $80 / Child $60 / Family $180
What do I get?
Free unlimited entry to planetarium shows*
For one year from the date of purchase. The shows change every month so there is always more to see and learn.
Unlimited Courtyard Telescope viewing.
Come along after a show on any clear night we are open and observe with the help of our experienced telescope operators.
Free entry to School Holiday sessions
There is a new show every school holidays. That’s four per year!
Free entry to ‘Magic Sky’
Our popular monthly pre-school show.
Invitations to new show previews and special events
Half Price Tickets to Tuesday Night Special Shows
This offer is available exclusively to Starlight Explorers.
Monthly Stardome email newsletter
You'll automatically be signed up to receive our monthly newsletter so you can keep up to date with everything that is happening at Stardome.
A personal Starlight Explorer pass card
*Terms and conditions apply - See below
How do I join?
You can come into Stardome and pay by cash, EFTPOS or credit card.
- Name of the applicant of the pass. (If it's a family pass then all the names of the family members. 2 adults and up to 3 children)
- Name and address for mailing the pass
- Your phone number
- Your credit card details (VISA/Master Card) (or alternatively, ring 624-1246 to arrange credit card payment).
If you prefer, you can post your details (with a cheque to "Stardome Observatory") to... Starlight Explorer Annual Pass, Stardome Observatory & Planetarium, P O Box 24-180, Royal Oak, Auckland
Please allow 5 working days for processing and delivery.
Can I Give a Starlight Explorer Pass as a Gift?
A Starlight Explorer pass makes a great gift for adults, children or families. The pass can be purchased in another person’s name as a gift.
Who Can Join?
Anyone can become a Starlight Explorer at Stardome. We encourage everyone interested in astronomy or with a love of the night sky to join us.
Terms & Conditions
Pass is valid for one year from date of issue
- Bookings are essential
- Pass must be presented to the front desk to redeem benefits
- Not valid for school visits
- Zeiss telescope viewings are not included
- Proof of identity may be required
- One card will be issued per membership
- Replacement cards will incur a $5 charge
- Pass holding children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a paying (or pass holding) adult
- Passes will be issued in the name of one main pass-holder, except Family Passes which can include two names
- Excludes special shows and events (except for half price Tuesday Night Special shows, Magic Sky entry and School Holiday sessions).