Welcome to the Stardome Teachers Resource centre!
We’ll be adding new worksheets and class activities each month so keep checking back or sign up for School Satellite our monthly teachers newsletter and you’ll get all the info straight to your inbox.
If you have any feedback on the worksheets or class activities email email@example.com
Comet Resources – Coming Soon
Check back in October for our next set of class resources. You can sign up for our School Satellite newsletter here and we’ll let you know when they are ready for download.
We’ve collected a list of websites that you can use to gather your own information or to share with your students!
Planning a Unit
- NASA Educator Resources
- Project Ceres Educational Activities
- Paper Plate Activities
- Amazing Space Teacher Tools
- Activities from the Astronomical Society of the Pacific
- Tutorials for Computer Applications – Utah State University
- New Zealand Science Curriculum – TKI
Astronomy and Space Information:
- Nine Planets
- Solar System Views
- BBC Space Solar System Page
- Exploring the Planets
- Sky Surveillance – A Trip Through the Solar System
Transit of Venus
- NASA video files of the transit of Venus
- Paper Plate Activity
- Kepler candidate extrasolar planets discovered using transit method (36.5Mb)
How Stars Form (Stellar Evolution)
- University of Leicester Educational Guide (click on “Stars Index” then “Stellar Evolution”)
- Structure and Evolution of Stars (Cornell University)
- MSSL Astrophysics Group
Astronomy in New Zealand
- Royal Astronomical Society of New Zealand
- Auckland Astronomical Society
- Carter Observatory in Wellington
- Howstuffworks.com “How do rocket engines work?”