Ticketing Terms & Conditions
- Tickets purchased via the Stardome Observatory & Planetarium (Stardome) website will incur a non-refundable booking fee per ticket.
- Stardome reserves the right to alter any fees at any time without notice.
- Stardome accepts Visa and Mastercard.
- Where tickets are purchased for a restricted show or event, identification must be provided when collecting tickets from Stardome reception.
- When you have successfully booked tickets, you will receive a confirmation by email. If no confirmation email is received or if there are any other problems during booking it is the customer’s responsibility to contact Stardome to confirm the booking. Stardome may not be aware that there have been problems.
- Stardome will not be responsible for losses (monetary or otherwise) if you fail to confirm a booking.
- Stardome reserves the right to release all unpaid bookings to the public at the time of screening.
- When purchasing tickets on the Stardome website you must provide personal details, including credit card billing information. Your credit card details are used for real-time ticket purchasing and are not retained on our server or point of sale system. To facilitate your purchase, your billing information is shared with our banking gateway partner Payment Express. More information on how Payment Express handles your information can be found at www.paymentexpress.com/privacy-policy.
- Please print your ticket confirmation, or bring along a smartphone with email access.
- You are not permitted to use Stardome’s wifi to access email confirmation.
- The confirmation email or booking reference needs to be presented to receive a physical ticket to enter a show, or you can give your name and ID to collect the tickets.
- The physical ticket can only be collected at the Stardome reception and must be collected at least 10 minutes before entering the planetarium.
- There is no allocated seating in the Stardome Planetarium
- By purchasing tickets to a Stardome Planetarium show you are accepting the terms and conditions of entry.
- By purchasing a ticket for an R-rated show or event, you are confirming that you are of an age legally permitted to view the show or attend the event.
- Photo ID may be requested of any customer at any time for ‘restricted’ events. The ID must include a date of birth and photo of the customer. Failure to present identification will result in refusal of entry without refund.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Bookings are essential.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early for shows as late entry into the planetarium is not possible once the show has started.
- Seating is general admission.
- Young children must be accompanied by an adult in the Planetarium.
- Planetarium shows are not suitable for children 3 years and under.
- Stardome’s evening shows are not appropriate for children aged three and under. To ensure everyone enjoys the planetarium experience, it is advised that children are at least 8 years of age before viewing the 8.00pm and 9.30pm shows.
- Any child or adult that disrupts any show will be asked to leave and will not be able to return into the planetarium theatre.
- Shows are subject to change at any time.
Refunds or Exchanges
- Tickets purchased via the Stardome website are sold for a specific date and show.
- Tickets are sold on a strict no-refund, no-exchange and no-transfer basis unless required by law.
Stardome reserves the right to cancel any ticket that has been purchased at the wrong price, regardless of whether the error was caused by a transactional malfunction or human error. When this occurs, Stardome will endeavour to provide the customer with a suitable show or event alternative and will refund as per Stardome’s refunds or exchanges policy.
Occasionally, things don’t go as planned and events or shows need to be cancelled by Stardome. When this occurs, Stardome will attempt to contact the customer as soon as possible and refund the ticket amount or provide tickets for another event or show.
Modification of terms
Stardome reserves the right to change these terms and conditions or modify the website from time to time. The customer is responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions.
Collecting Email Addresses
- Stardome will record your email address if you share it with us via the website.
- Your email address will only be used for the purposes for which you provide permission.
- Your email address will only be added to our email list if you expressly give permission.
- We will not share your email address without your consent.
- If there are any issues with the tickets or show, Stardome will attempt to contact the customer by the email address provided.
These terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with, and shall be governed by, the laws of New Zealand.
You are welcome to contact us at any time to access and update your personal information or to ‘opt out’ of receiving further communications from us. Write to us at PO BOX 24180, Royal Oak, Auckland 1345, email us at email@example.com or call on 09 624 1246
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner ( http://www.privacy.org.nz/) provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
The information we collect:
Stardome Observatory and Planetarium (Stardome) operates the website http://stardome.org.nz/. As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our sites:
- Personally Identifiable Information. This is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters. Providing this information will always be optional for you.
- Aggregated Data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
- Starlight Explorer Pass holder’s attendance. Our ticketing system tracks the attendance of our Starlight Explorer Pass holders for operational and marketing purposes. This data will not be shared and will only be used for the purposes of marketing and communications e.g. membership renewal, or special offers, events or shows.
Who we share this information with
The information may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any unauthorised use.
- The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers, sponsors or business partners of Stardome.
- Only if your prior permission has been obtained (which we would usually do at the time of collection), we may share the information with specified third parties.
What else we do with personally identifiable information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, marketing or market research that we might undertake.
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
What about cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (eg Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (eg Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and what domain you are accessing our sites from. With this information we can do the following:
- Track traffic patterns to our site.
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
- Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit.
What about other business your site links to?
Opting in and opting out
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about receiving information from us.
Can we change this policy?
Your right to access our information
The Privacy Act of 1993 gives you the right to access and correct your personal information. To find out more about how to do this, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or on 09 624 1246. Alternatively, post your corrections to the attention of the Marketing and Communications Manager, Stardome Observatory & Planetarium, PO Box 24 180, Royal Oak, Auckland 1345.
Terms and Conditions of the 2017 Yearbook Survey competition
- Entries will be collected by online survey
- Only one entry per person.
- Competition is open to New Zealand residents only.
- Winner will be selected randomly.
- All Stardome employees and all employees of participating sponsors or promoters are not permitted to enter.
- Prize cannot be exchanged for cash and is not transferable or exchangeable for other goods or services.
- By participating, entrants grant Stardome permission to use their names and photographs in connection with the promotion, for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- Only the person who entered the promotion can be awarded the prize
- The randomly drawn winner will be final and nor correspondence will be entered in to.
- This competition closes on 30 May 2017 12noon. Winners will be drawn after this and notified by email.